TurboTax Intuit Tax Freedom
- Gain access to the TurboTax Freedom Edition program!
- TurboTax.com/freedom edition is managed by Intuit, Inc.
- Part of the IRS FreeFile program (not everyone qualifies)
Those who qualify for the TurboTax Intuit Tax Freedom program will be able to file both their state and federal taxes online with TurboTax for FREE.
TurboTax Intuit Tax Freedom Qualifying Questions
- Did you make $33,000 or less Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)?
- Were you active duty military in 2017 with an AGI of $66,000 or less? (please note Active Duty Military includes Reservists and National Guard pay)
- Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)?
Please note the tax payers AGI is their 2017 gross income after they have subtracted allowable adjustments, such as moving expenses, IRAs, Veterans Affairs Payments, and alimony paid. The AGI can be found on line 37 of Form 1040 (or line 21 of the 1040A). Those who answer yes to the first question will most likely qualify without additional questions.
TurboTax.com/Freedom Edition Notes
- A must for people with low-income as it will help them save money when filing taxes
- The TurboTax Freedom Edition supports most federal forms and state forms
- Tax filers living in states without state tax can disregard the state portion of the tax form
- All states are eligible for the Freedom Edition service by TurboTax but not every one will qualify
- Customer service at TurboTax is almost non existent as they do not offer a free toll-free number
Those who do not qualify for TurboTax.com/Freedom Edition will receive the following message “Based on what you told us, you don’t qualify to use TurboTax Freedom Edition.”
A toll-free number for TurboTax could not be found BUT they available online 7 days per week from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST.: