Power Pressure Cooker Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit against Tristar in regards to their power pressure cooker
- The PowerPressureCookerSettlemeny.com lawsuit is the result of Chapman, et al. v. Tristar Products Inc., (which is listed as case number 1:16-cv-01114) and Pinon v. Tristar Products Inc., (which is listed as case number 1:17-cv-02298)
- The original class action lawsuit was filed in March 2016 in a federal court in California by plaintiff Edwina Pinon
The Power Pressure Cooker Settlement class action lawsuit claims that certain models of Tri-Star pressure cookers posed unreasonable dangers for anyone who used them. Class members state some of the cookers suddenly released hot steam when the lid was removed and some of the cookers lids did not stay in place. Tristar Products Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members in the case include anyone in the United States who purchased power pressure cookers manufactured or marketed by Tristar between March 1, 2013 and Jan. 19, 2018. Please check the list below of eligible pressure cookers associated with this lawsuit:
PowerPressureCooker.com Lawsuit Notes
- All objections to the settlement must be in by June 4, 2018
- Class members who would like to opt out of the settlement must do so by June 4, 2018
- Class members who file valid claims should receive a credit for $72.50
- Under the terms of the PowerPressureCookerSettlement class members can also get a free extension of their warranty through one year after the effective date of the settlement
- The case is being heard in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Any questions in regards to the Power Pressure Cooker Settlement can be directed to toll free 844-271-4784 or by mail: Power Pressure Cooker Settlement, c/o Heffler Claims Group, P.O. Box 58580, Philadelphia, PA 19102-8580.