Camel Cash Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Amanda Sateriale, et al. v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., et al
- This is civil case number 2:09-cv-08394 CAS and is open to California residents only
- The Camel Cash Settlement is pending in the United States District Court, Central District of California
The United States District Court, Central District of California certified this lawsuit on December 19, 2014 and the estimated amount any one class member will receive is unknown at this time. The Camel Cash Settlement includes anyone in the state of California that were assigned registration numbers by RJR, collected C-Notes, and held C-Notes as of 10/1/16.
Who is excluded from the Camel Cash Settlement Lawsuit?
- the Judges presiding over the case and members of their families
- current or former officers, directors, and employees of the Defendant and any of its subsidiary and parent companies
- any person that opted out of the class that the Court certified on December 19, 2014
The deadline of file a claim in the lawsuit is 1/31/17 and any questions about the Amanda Sateriale, et al. v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., et al lawsuit can be directed to [email protected] The exact amount of the settlement pool is not known at this time (please check back for more updates regarding the settlement amount and how much any one Camel Cash settlement member will receive). It should be noted that RJR denies any actions of wrong doing but has agreed to settle in order to avoid the unknown expense of a trial. A fairness hearing already took place on May 2, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. but Camel Cash Settlement class members were not required to attend this hearing in order to get paid.
All class members who file valid claims will be represented by David Stone who is based at Bragar Eagel Squire, PC, 885 3rd Ave., Suite 3040, New York, NY 10022. The defendants have hired Peter J. Biersteker and John A. Vogt to represent them in court.