My Cigna Short Term Disability
- Cigna insurance holders who become temporarily unable to work because of a disability can file their Cigna short-term disability claim easily online
- The Cigna Short Term Disability should take less than 5 minutes to complete
- All short-term disability claims sent in are reviewed by Cigna, and while some are not accepted, the majority of valid claims do end up being paid
To check the status of a Cigna short-term disability claim, customer will need to log in to their Cigna account (or create one if they don’t have one set up already). Registering for Cigna online will require the policy holder’s Social Security number and some basic insurance information like name and date of birth. People who have filed a short-term disability claim with Cigna can log on to manage their claim, see the current status, make updates to their personal information and more. Short term disability insurance is an option that’s only available to Cigna Group Insurance customers who have their insurance through their employer. In many cases, this insurance is offered at no charge to the employee, with all costs being covered by their employer. Please note that a short-term disability claim for Cigna can also be submitted by mail or by fax, but online is the easiest way and fastest way (meaning the customer will start receiving money sooner which is always a good thing).
What happens when a short-term disability claim is sent to Cigna?
Once a short-term disability claim is submitted to Cigna, the customer doesn’t need to do anything else beyond their original documentation. Cigna will contact the individual who filed the claim if any more information is needed.
- Cigna may need to contact an employer as well for additional information or for clarification about documents, so it’s important to make sure this information is accurate and updated.
- To contact Cigna About A Short Term Disability Claim: Two Liberty Place, 1601 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19192