Hirsch Airline Miles Settlement
- Obtain the gritty details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Bertram Hirsch and Igor Romanov v. Citibank, N.A.
- The Citibank Promotional American Airlines Miles 1099 Form Class Action Settlement is listed as case number 12-civ-1124-DAB
- The Hirsch Airline Miles Settlement is under review in the United States District Court Southern District of New York
HirschAirlineMilesSettlement.com is admisntered by Rust Consulting, Inc. and all claim forms are due no late than 11/27/17. The Citibank Promotional American Airlines Miles 1099 Form class action lawsuit revolves around claims that Citibank did not inform customers that Citibank would report the taxable value of the promotional American Airlines miles (AA miles) awarded to customers as income to the IRS by issuing AA Miles Form 1099s. Class members in the Hirsch class action lawsuit also contend that Citi overvalued the miles and that AA miles do not constitute reportable income.
Citibank N.A. (aka the defendant) has denied any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 1,750,000 million dollar settlement pot in order to avoid further litigation.
- Class members in the case are defined as anyone who who received an IRS Form 1099 from Citibank as a result of opening a Citibank deposit account and receiving American Airline miles through Citibank promotions between the dates of January 1, 2009 and July 13, 2017
- All objections and exclusions are due by 10/11/17
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around January 31, 2018 at 4:00 P.M to decide if the settlement was fair and reasonable (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the 1.75 settlement pie)
- Class members who affirm that they reported and paid taxes on the income attributable to the receipt of the AA miles can receive up to 5
- Class members who do not affirm that they reported and paid taxes on the income attributable to the receipt of the AA miles can receive up to
HirschAirlineMilesSettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Hirsch Airline Miles Settlementc/o Rust Consulting, Inc.Settlement Administrator – 5671P.O. Box 2599Faribault, MN 55021-9599
- Phone: 1 (866) 403-0679
- Email: N/A